An attractive and substantial 7 bedroom Grade II listed country house and extensive outbuildings, all situated within delightful gardens and grounds of about 8 acres
Vestibule | Reception hall | Drawing room | Sitting room/study | Dining room | Kitchen/breakfast room | Utility room/cloakroom | Cellar | Five first floor bedrooms | Two first floor bathrooms Second floor: Bedroom | Sitting room/bedroom 7 | Bathroom and kitchen | Substantial detached outbuilding, comprising 3 rooms, kitchen and bathroom Extensive stable block and yard | Timber cowshed | Sand school | Paddocks | Formal gardens About 7 acres Park House is an attractive Georgian country house dating from 1772, with later additions in approximately 1890, and is constructed predominately of brick with some ragstone elevations to the rear and casement windows under a tile roof.
Internally the property offers spacious and versatile family accommodation arranged over three floors with many period features such as high ceilings, deep skirting boards, panelled interior doors and attractive fireplaces throughout.
All of the principle reception rooms are of good proportions. Of particular merit is the most delightful drawing room, attractive marble fireplace with carved timber surround which enjoys unspoilt, far reaching views across paddocks and open country side.
The dining room features original wide plank solid wood floor and large brick inglenook with Bressumer above.
Spacious farmhouse style kitchen/breakfast room featuring a range of wood cabinets and tile floor. Integral appliances include a Hotpoint double oven and halogen hob.
The five principle first floor bedrooms are also of good proportions, some of which feature fitted wardrobes, and all enjoy delightful views. The spacious second floor features a bedroom with cast iron fireplace, a further sitting room/bedroom 7, in addition to a bathroom and kitchen with a range of cabinets and electric hob.
The house is approached from the quiet country lane via a timber five bar gate, leading to a substantial courtyard, which in turn leads to the concrete yard, stables and outbuildings.
Outbuildings Detached timber cowshed with two addtional stables, fitted with garage entry doors. Adjoining tack room and work shop.
Single storey outbuilding comprising reception room one of which features a range of kitchen cabinets, electric oven and hob, a bathroom with white suite and chrome fittings. In need of updating.
Gardens and Grounds The house is set back from the quiet lane behind mature and substantial clipped mixed hedges. The delightful secluded gardens lie predominately to the rear of the property and feature many areas of interest including plentifully stocked herbaceous borders, mature and specimen trees and shrubs and wide areas of sweeping lawns. There is a sunken grotto with ornamental pond.
The house and gardens enjoy the most delightful panoramic views across open country side and Canary Wharf can also be seen to the north west.
The grounds are split into two paddocks with gated access.