A proposito di Parsonage Farm (Lot 1), Hurstbourne Tarrant, Andover, Hampshire, SP11
An attractive residential farm with Grade II listed Georgian house, 195 acres and farm buildings
Parsonage Farm has been in the same ownership since 1959 and it has been run as a traditional mixed farm. The farm is extremely attractive and the land comprises of approximately 449.00 acres of arable or temporary grass land, 82.00 acres of pasture and 49.00 acres of woodland. The land is farmed in hand on a rotation typical for this area of combinable cereals and oil seed rape. The land is classified as grade 3 and is predominately a Carstens soil, being a well-drained fine silty soil and Andover 1, a calcareous silty soil over chalk.
There is a small family shoot over the land.
Lot 1- Parsonage Farmhouse, three bungalows, 195.72 acres (79.21 ha) and farm buildings
Parsonage Farmhouse is a classic Grade II listed village Georgian house that dates back to 1685 with early 19th Century additions. The east wing of the original house is attached to the much larger part of the later date, together with an extension to the rear, to form a T shaped building constructed of brick and flint with a clay tile roof.
A wrought iron gate leads through a flint and brick capped boundary wall with gate piers to eight stone steps to the front door with a Tuscan porch and two plain columns. A welcoming hall with oak floorboards leads to the drawing room and dining room on either side, both with high ceilings, open fireplaces and large sash windows. The family kitchen has fitted units, an oil fired Aga and quarry filled stone floors which run through to the spacious boot room and gardeners WC. A cellar is accessed from the kitchen. A later addition is the sitting room with wooden floors and a fireplace which leads to a small flagstone courtyard on the east side of the house. A study with original wooden panelling and a bay window overlooks the courtyard and stables.
Upstairs, off a half landing is a sitting room/ bedroom and seven further bedrooms with period features including sash windows, open fireplaces and wood panelling. In addition there is a shower room and two bathrooms. A staircase leads to an attic bedroom.
Parsonage Farm is accessed through double wooden five barred gates onto a large gravelled courtyard. The garden is predominately to the north of the house with well cared for flower beds, box hedges and fruit trees surrounded by a flint and brick capped walled garden. A paved path leads to a swimming pool and summer house and there is also a glasshouse. Behind the walled garden a wooden gate leads to a small fruit orchard and three grass paddocks which have been used for horses and livestock in the past.
There are several traditional thatched outbuildings which surround the courtyard and are Grade II listed.
These include: The Potting Shed/Workshop Immediately north of the farmhouse is an L shaped building with outer walls of brick and flint and the walls facing the courtyard are timber board.
Former stable and hay loft With brick and flint walls and a tiled roof.
The Barn With a weather board clad timber frame in an L shaped block on a brick base with a ½ hipped thatched roof. A double garage forms part of the eastern end.
The Granary Bricknogged timber frame with a clay tiled roof on staddle stones.
Stables Attached to the barn with brick and flint walls and a thatched roof are four stables and two timber loose boxes.
The Paddocks There are two paddocks amounting to approximately 4.07 acres. These have been used for grazing horses and livestock in the past and have access directly from the outbuildings or from Church Street.
Richiedete ulteriori informazionirequest more info