Indisputably, Halcyon House is one of the finest beachfront estate homes in the exclusive gated community of Old Fort Bay. This stunning seven bedroom home has eight bathrooms and four powder rooms creatively spread throughout with over 13,000 square feet of interior living space. Halcyon House commands a premier location on the 225 feet of powdery white sand beaches and is one of the largest lots in the community majestically situated on its 1.816 acre property.
- Courtyard, Loggia & Pool Area A lushly landscaped walkway is flanked by water features leads from the driveway to the grand courtyard and loggia beyond.
Between the main living area and the formal living area is an open-air loggia for dining and relaxing. Located below the bridge suite it allows for captivating views of the tropical blue sea beyond the pool and provides year-round protection and breeze.
A secluded path from the pool leads to the pristine white sand beach which is considered probably the best beach on New Providence.
Beyond the pool to the east is the outdoor kitchen with veranda for alfresco dining which is outfitted with a gourmet grill, pizza oven and subzero coolers.
The property also has manicured landscaping with lots of lounge areas to relax, surrounded by gardens with Bahamian foliage and mature tropical fruit trees.
- Entrance Hall A bright and light filled entrance hall leads on to the main galleried staircase with the upper landing serves as a charming play area. From here, private halls lead to the well-designed master bridge suite and the four additional bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms.
- Family Living A gourmet kitchen featuring handcrafted cabinetry and professional-grade appliances features a centre island outfitted with Wolfe range, two Sub Zero refrigerators and two dishwashers. It is perfect for casual family living the kitchen opens to the family dining and sitting areas. Coffered ceilings are featured throughout with mahogany glass doors allowing in light and showcasing the crystal blue sea beyond.
- Formal Living & Dining One crosses the loggia to the more formal living space that lends itself to more formal entertaining thanks to the full-service wet bar, formal dining room, butler's pantry and powder room.
- Guest Suites Located off the formal living space are two bedroom guest suites with its own sitting area that looks onto the courtyard. The suites are designed to provide private space for visitors.
- Bridge Suite The bridge suite features his and hers en-suite bathrooms and custom-built wardrobes. The suite features captivating view of the turquoise seas. The master suite referred to as the bridge suite has its own private balcony and connects the formal living space to the family area. A private hallway leads to the impressive study and gym both with commanding views of the bay. Off the study is a powder room and winding staircase that takes one up to the tower look out providing 360-degree views across the community and out to sea.
- Amenities An elevator services the first and second floors. There is a state-of-the-art theater on the third level. A central Crestron control system controls all the lights, blinds, & temperature throughout the residence. There is a Sonos music system throughout the house and outside living areas. There is a heated pool. The property has solar panels which provides around 30% of the house's supplementary needs and was installed four years ago. There is a generator with seven day's worth of fuel to run the entire house. There is a reverse osmosis system that can take rainwater from the roof and is fed by 26,000 gallon cisterns, which is usually used for irrigation. Just across the property there is an assigned 50 foot boat slip with power and water. The property is gated with a driveway leading to a three car garage and has a separate staff entrance with covered parking for three cars. The property also consists of a two-room office building which could be converted to staff accommodations.
- History of Old Fort Bay Old Fort Bay Club initially began as a fort constructed by the British to keep order in the area. In the 1700s, the Crown concerned itself with protecting the Bahamas from pirates and privateers, and so the fort was developed.
During the 1800s the fort was used as a plantation house for all the sisal growing in the area, and in the 1920s the building fell into the hands of James Cox Brady, who won it in a card game. After Brady's death, his widow remarried, and she and her husband filled the property with treasures they collected from their world travels. After her death, the Old Fort was left empty until 2002.
After decades of sitting empty, Old Fort Bay Club was restored to its original glory, with the preservation of historic features. The surrounding gardens and the silk cotton tree outside the club were also revitalized, bringing a new sense of life back to the property.
Members at Old Fort Bay Club enjoy delicious lunch and dinner menus at the restaurant, which is recognized island-wide for its delicious and modern fare, fresh produce, and wonderful service with a staff who will remember not only your name, but also your drink order.
The club features a complete fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, as well as satellite radio and flat screen TVs to entertain you while you work out. Families can enjoy time together at the swimming pool, and special events are held at the club's Pavilion, which has a rooftop garden offering stunning views.
This Single Family Home is for Sale and has 7 bedrooms, 12 full baths and was built in 2013. This Single Family Home is listed on the Christie's International Real Estate website and it boasts 13,000 Sq.Ft. of interior space. Nearby neighborhoods include: Turnberry, Turnberry, Lyford Hills, Lyford Hills, Jacaranda, Islands At Old Fort Bay and Islands At Old Fort Bay.
All information provided herein has been obtained from sources believed reliable, but may be subject to errors, omissions, change of price, prior sale, or withdrawal without notice. Christie’s International Real Estate and its affiliates make no representation, warranty or guaranty as to accuracy of any information contained herein. You should consult your advisors for an independent verification of any properties.
For all listings provided by the ASPEN/GLENWOOD MLS (AGMLS): Information is provided exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use, and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the AGMLS.